Job ref: 2000116
Position: Steel Fixer
Employer: Alimar Job Sp. z o.o.
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Job type: contract, full – time (40 hours a week)
Salary: negotiable + full medical insurance
- Setting out the work area, following engineering plans
- Using hand and power tools to cut and bend bars or mesh
- Tying rebar (reinforcement bars) together with wire, clips or welds to build up sections
- Fitting spacers and ‘chairs’ (supports)
- Fixing the wooden formwork and shuttering used to hold setting concrete in place
- Fixing steel to concrete bases
- Installing beams and pre-cast slabs
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- You’ll work closely with engineering designers, steel erectors and other construction workers.
- Minimum 2-3+ years previous Steel Fixing experience is essential, ideally within the Civil Construction sector
- Be hard working and able to work as part of a team
- It is essential that you can read drawings and be accurate, as some of the unit’s produced are bespoke and require working to specific measurements.
- Qualification level: ITI/Vocational or diploma
- Fluent English and Polish language level B1, read about our Polish courses
What will you get in return?
- A workplace that focuses on safety and ethics
- Competitive remuneration
- Continuous work due to the volume of work that the company have
- A great working environment
- Days Monday-Friday with overtime and weekend work available
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
ALIMAR Job is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin