Job ref: 2000126
Employer: Alimar Job Ltd
Location: Wroclaw, Krakow, WarsawPoznan, Poland
Job type: contract, full – time (40 hours a week)
Salary: negotiable + full medical insurance
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofing’s or drywalls ensuring they are levelled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Minimum 2-3+ years previous Carpenter experience is essential
- Qualification level: ITI/Vocational or diploma
- Be hard working and able to work as part of a team
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Fluent English and Polish language level B1+, read about our Polish courses
What you will get in return?
- A workplace that focuses on safety and ethics
- Competitive remuneration
- Continuous work due to the volume of work that the company have
- A great working environment
- Days Monday-Friday with overtime and weekend work available
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
ALIMAR Job is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin